But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

what's on your nightstand?

5 minutes for books is hosting a new monthly carnival called What's On Your Nightstand?, where we have a chance to talk about what we are currently reading.

I am a few chapters away from finishing My Best Friend's Girl by Dororthy Koomson. It is a novel that focuses on the question "how for would you go for the best friend that broke your heart?" It has been a great read, and I can't wait to find out how it ends.















Next I will be diving into a memoir by Jen Lancaster for a Book Club I belong to. Reading up on Lancaster, I think she is going to prove to be very funny, and funny I like. The name of the book is...are you ready for this...Bitter is the New Black: Confessions of a condescending, egomaniacal, self-centered smart-ass, or why you should never carry a Prada Bag to the unemployment office. A book with that title has to be good!

I read at night before I go to bed -- but I wish I could devote much more time to it than that. I love it!

If you want to share What's On Your Nightstand, visit 5 minutes for books.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Love your blog title. Reading is one of the things I do when I'm not cleaning LOL.

Thanks for participating this month. I love stories about friendship, so I might have to look into it.

Carrie said...

I liked the title of your blog as well! =D

Aren't book clubs great? I'm a part of an online one and in town one. Frequently it means I'm not reading my own picks, but they introduce me to titles and authors I would never have chosen on my own and frequently find myself really loving!

Thanks for sharing!

Kelly said...

Bitter is the new black is next up for me too!

Lindsay said...

I have heard a some great things about Bitter is the new black.. I will have to check that one out as well :-)

Nancy said...

I added My Best Friend's Girl to the to-read list - it's right up my alley!

I've heard about Bitter is the New Black but have been on the fence about it.

ErinRagan said...

I've seen several bloggers in the past couple of days who play along at 5 Minutes for Books. I think I'm gonna have to head over there! It sounds really neat!

And the book you're reading sounds good, too! ACK! Just what I need... another book to add to the pile! LOL

Thanks for visiting my blog today! :)

Audra Krell said...

I haven't heard of these, they sound great! Thanks for the recommendation!! I too, love your blog title. There are hundreds of other things we "should" be doing...

Veggiemomof2 said...

That does sound good! I'll put it on Mom's watch list for the next time she goes to the book swap.