But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

make it sparkle!

Jen from http://www.absolutelybananas.com/ is asking for for housekeeping tips. My # 1 tip would be these:
Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. I keep a container of them in practically every room. One in each bathroom, the kitchen and the laundry room. These are my best weapon against dirt!
  • To keep my bathrooms fresh and clean, every morning after I do my thing (shower/wash-up, brush teeth and such), I do a quick wipe down of the sinks, counters and commode to rid the hairspray stickies, toothpaste dots and remnants of hubby's bad aim. This simple 2 minute chore keeps things from ever getting really nasty.
  • To keep the shower clean and mildew-free, I hang one of those Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners. All it takes is a press of a button after showering.
  • In the kitchen...same deal, I try to wipe down counters and the stove top constantly. Although this can be a pain in the rump -- it beats waiting until the filth really accumulates and the spills take too much elbow grease to remove.
  • In the laundry room, I use my Clorox wipes again to rid the washing machine and dryer of lint and detergent spills.
  • In our living area, I reduce clutter by taking things that belong upstairs with me each trip I make up there. I stack things on the steps until I'm ready, so that I don't forget them. I also keep toy clutter at bay by making sure my girls put one thing away before getting out another. This really helps! And if you do this enough -- it really sinks in.
  • The only room that doesn't stay as de-cluttered as I'd like is the upstairs playroom. Sometimes it just isn't worth organizing just to have it torn apart again. What are ya gonna do? I'll tell you what I do...CLOSE THE DOOR. Out of sight, out of mind.
That's all I have for now. Good luck and happy housekeeping!

3 comments:

Abbreviated said...

Great Tips !

Bananas said...

Ok first of all I love the name of your blog. Secondly I LOVE wipes!!! And clorox wipes are the best. I get them at Costco in bulk!

Barbara said...

I just confessed on the last blog linked up that I love Clorox Wipes... Although I'm trying to be more environmently friendly by using a multi-purpose spray and rags... but seriously... how EASY are the wipes? I try to keep the rags rotated so I always have a clean one, otherwise I tend to let the cleaning slide... We'll see how long before I go back to the wipes... because I'm pretty sure it's only a matter of time...