Clorox Disinfecting Wipes. I keep a container of them in practically every room. One in each bathroom, the kitchen and the laundry room. These are my best weapon against dirt!
- To keep my bathrooms fresh and clean, every morning after I do my thing (shower/wash-up, brush teeth and such), I do a quick wipe down of the sinks, counters and commode to rid the hairspray stickies, toothpaste dots and remnants of hubby's bad aim. This simple 2 minute chore keeps things from ever getting really nasty.
- To keep the shower clean and mildew-free, I hang one of those Scrubbing Bubbles Automatic Shower Cleaners. All it takes is a press of a button after showering.
- In the kitchen...same deal, I try to wipe down counters and the stove top constantly. Although this can be a pain in the rump -- it beats waiting until the filth really accumulates and the spills take too much elbow grease to remove.
- In the laundry room, I use my Clorox wipes again to rid the washing machine and dryer of lint and detergent spills.
- In our living area, I reduce clutter by taking things that belong upstairs with me each trip I make up there. I stack things on the steps until I'm ready, so that I don't forget them. I also keep toy clutter at bay by making sure my girls put one thing away before getting out another. This really helps! And if you do this enough -- it really sinks in.
- The only room that doesn't stay as de-cluttered as I'd like is the upstairs playroom. Sometimes it just isn't worth organizing just to have it torn apart again. What are ya gonna do? I'll tell you what I do...CLOSE THE DOOR. Out of sight, out of mind.
That's all I have for now. Good luck and happy housekeeping!