But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Sunday, January 4, 2009

back to it...

Tomorrow it's back to 6:30 wake-ups and my kindergartner's denial of them. Back to packing lunches and double-checking backpacks. Back to carpool lines and assigned parking spaces. Back to running errands. Back to the gym (wah!). Back to the routine.

I hadn't realized how wonderfully pleasant our Christmas break has been until right this moment. Until now realizing that all the sleeping in (which is 7:30 at our house woohoo), the all-day pajama wearing, holiday treat eating, couch potatoeing, no daily commitmenting is about to come to an end. Until right now I hadn't cherished it enough. I hadn't realized what I had.

So I will go now and treasure my last day of Christmas vacation. Go and revere my husband, my daughters, my freedom. And tomorrow I will get back to it. Back to the grind.

1 comment:

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

AMEN! I realized yesterday (when I was working overtime) that really hadn't done anything very exciting. Maybe just hanging out was what was meant to be!~