But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

declutter

I've come to realize that my complete obsession with a perfectly clean house must have been due to lack of other important things to do. Now with transporting two kids to school, school meetings, weekly church meetings, ice skating lessons, soccer practices and games, staying in touch with friends and squeezing in quality family time, my house gets cleaned a lot less often and A LOT less thoroughly these days.

I've also re-realized something I once was fully aware of...that the more cluttered I let my house get, the more cluttered my head gets. It had been quite some time since I'd gotten to this point and I remember that a really messy house is bad for my inner peace! So I need to find a happy medium between a spotless home and a polluted mind. Where is the happy medium?

So that's my new project -- one room at a time, because that's all I can take on right now.

3 comments:

Joanne : The Simple Wife said...

Preach it, sister! Yes, a cluttered home = a cluttered mind. So very true. Order is a good thing!

SarahHub said...

I am so with you on this. I was sick for ten days or so, and my house is a pit now. So is my mind. But I, like you, will take it one room at a time!

Jen said...

I have such a hard time focusing on one room at a time. A timer has helped. I have one that attaches to my waist that I found on flylady.com. She has a very encouraging website on decluttering and finding peace. If you haven't found her site, you should check her out! Well, I better get off of the computer because I am behind on every room!!!! Jen