But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Monday, September 29, 2008

divine weekend!

Over the weekend, I attended the retreat that my CRHP (Christ Renews His Parish) team has been preparing for 6 months. Leading up to the event, although I was excited, I also had a lot of anxiety about witnessing my faith story in front of unfamiliar women, leading my table in discussion about religious topics and leading others in prayer (something I had never done before). It turns out that my apprehension was unwarranted. The weekend was filled with comfort, peace and camaraderie.

It was a fantastic experience to to watch these new women come in and indulge in the same special events of the weekend that meant so much to me 6 months ago and actually see them grow spiritually.

My team did a wonderful job of getting these women to open up and encourage them to continue their spiritual journey by choosing to be a part of the next formation team that prepares the same retreat for a future group of women just like them. We were all thrilled to find out that the entire group accepted the challenge. I, however, was especially delighted because I have been chosen to lead this new group in the task (the leader of each group chooses a member to lead the next). I am honored and humbled by this opportunity. And although I am nervous about the challenges ahead, I am excited to continue the process and happy that this CRHP experience isn't ending for me.

No comments: