But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Friday, August 1, 2008

weekend weaknesses

I did myself a favor and changed my weigh in day to Friday. Stepping on the scale on a Monday morning after a weekend of mistakes was definitely hurting my loss. I work so hard throughout the week -- getting my exercise in and staying inside my allotted points, but then on the weekend I always seem to let go a bit. So I never get to see the real positive results of all my work.

Last Friday night, we had to attend Brad's work pool party. It was catered by KC Masterpiece and there was a frozen margarita machine...need I say more? Then we headed to the Lake, and although I try not to over-do it, I always seem to eat more there than at home. Maybe it's all the sun?

This weekend we are headed to the Lake again with some fun friends and their kids. Although I bring my whole wheat bread to substitute for morning doughnuts and I make sure to bring lots of low-calorie snacks...the Lake is the Lake. We are sure to take the kids up to "the Strip" for ski ball and bumper car fun, which will probably include a visit to GoDots, the best ice cream parlor ever! Now, I won't have the big honkin' cone I usually would have...but I won't suffer. Also, Saturday is my hubby's 35th birthday and I'm sure we will celebrate in some way, which usually involves cake.

So anyway...I weighed in today at 3 pounds lighter -- a total of 8.5 pounds lost. I guess that's not a bad record for a little less than a month. I vow now, to try my best, not to sabotage that loss by getting out of control over the next couple of days. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

SarahHub said...

Good luck, I'm sure you'll be fine! Oh, congrats on your 8.5 pound loss!

dawn said...

I weigh in on Friday's too. That way I can use my WPA on the weekends and then have M-Th to do my best.

Your weight loss is great. I am so happy for you. Have a blast at the lake. I am glad you are not allowing yourself to suffer. I think that is what has gotten me through--knowing that I can indulge on occasion.