But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Saturday, August 16, 2008

small victories

Something is happening with me. When I started this Weight Watchers thing, like every other diet I've been on, I treated it as just that...a diet. Something I would hurry up and try to do to lose weight so that I could go back to eating "normal." This mind set is the cause of all my past failures.

Yesterday, I wasn't eating very many of my points (which is really weird for me) because I was working on my very first scrapbook, which turns out to be very time-consuming. Anyway, because I had so many points remaining, I kind of pigged out a bit on the tacos/nachos that I made for dinner. Then, I felt awful about it. It's the 1st time I've been "overly full" in quite some time. So I ended up going for my second jog/walk of the day to make myself feel better. This is a victory for me.

Also, I started out, a couple of months ago, with a 30-minute walk every morning that I could. Now I jog fifteen minutes, walk fifteen minutes. I have worked up to this day by day. This may not sound like much of an accomplishment -- but for me it's huge -- I've never been a runner of any kind. This is a victory for me.

I am now 10 lbs down. I see it...I feel it...I like it! And I'm hoping it's only the beginning. I am finally feeling that, as long as I can falter once in a while...like all humans do, I could really do this. I could look at this as a "lifestyle" change instead of a temporary diet. This is a victory for me.

3 comments:

dawn said...

Go Jen Go!! I haven't quite found my exercise groove yet--hope to soon. But I to know what you mean. I am so happy for you. I have lost a size and it's an awesome feeling. I too have accepted WW as a lifestyle and something that I will/can do forever and that is part of why I don't mind the weight coming off slow.

See you soon....

SarahHub said...

Congrats on your new mindset, and your 10 POUND loss!

Kari said...

Woo hoo! I am so impressed Jen!