But I'll Do Anything To Get Out Of It!

Saturday, August 22, 2009

2 sides to every story...

I started back to college this week as a graduate student for my teaching certification and masters in teaching. It has been quite a big adjustment and I have kind of been battling it in a pros and cons kind of manner...

Decreased time at home
con: feeling guilty about less time for housework and playtime
pro: being more productive with the time I DO have at home

I'm ONE of the eldest in the classroom
con: feeling a little "old" right now
pro: I have life experience that some of them don't

A lot of the students in my class are already teachers
con: they have "one up" on me in the classroom
pro: I can learn from their experience

Taking 3 classes is going to be a lot of work and a lot of reading
con: getting back into the swing of studying is tough
pro: I feel like I'm really doing something productive with my time (instead of TV watching and internet surfing)

Regardless of the cons, I am really excited about this new endeavor and I'll be enjoying the challenges and the journey!

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I've been thinking about you this week. How is it going? We'll have to get together and study...

Jenny@ L.O.T.s of Love said...

You will do great! I'm nervous about the start of grad school. Maybe we could lean on each other. Just remember your goals and the example you are setting for your girls!